Document Type : Research Paper
M.Sc. of Sport Medicine and Health, Islamic Azad University, Karaj Branch
Assistant Professor of Sport Rehabilitation and Health, Shahid Beheshti University
Assistant Professor of Sport Medicine and Health, Sport Sciences Research Institute
The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of eight weeks core stability training on center of pressure changes and ground reaction force during landing among male parkour athletes. thirty male were participated in this study. participants were randomized in the experimental group (age=21.07±2.46 years, height= 175.10±5.35 cm, weight= 67.33±9.27 kg) and control group (age=20.20±2.31 years, height= 175.93±4.65 cm, weight= 67.33±8.45 kg) in this semi-experimental study. Experimental group applied eight weeks core stability training. These exercises performed three time per week while the control group performed their routine training. The variables including center of pressure changes and ground reaction force were measured before and after eight weeks core stability training by force plate. Analysis of covariance was used in the 0/05 significant level. The results showed that there was significant difference between experimental and control groups in the mean scores of center of pressure changes in medial- lateral and anterior-posterior direction and ground reaction force. According to results, seems core stability training has positive effect on landing parameter among male parkour athletes and these exercise can prevent sport injuries of them.
- Leetun DT, Ireland ML, Willson JD, Ballantyne BT, Davis IM. Core stability measures as risk factors for lower extremity injury in athletes. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2004; 36(6): 926-34.
- Samson KM, Sandrey MA, Hetrick A. A core stabilization training program for tennis athletes. Athl Ther Today 2007; 12(3): 41-6.
- Nadler SF, Malanga GA, Bartoli LA, Feinberg JH, Prybicien M, DePrince M. Hip muscle imbalance and low back pain in athletes: Influence of core strengthening. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2002; 34(1): 9-12.
- De Blaiser C, Roosen P, Willems T, Danneels L, Bossche LV, De Ridder R. Is core stability a risk factor for lower extremity injuries in an athletic population? A systematic review. Athl Ther Today. 2017, 34: 121-5.
- Kibler WB, Press J, Sciascia A. The role of core stability in athletic function. Sports med. 2006; 36(3): 189-98.
- Sandrey MA, Mitzel JG. Improvement in dynamic balance and core endurance after a 6-week core-stability-training program in high school track and field athletes. J Sport Rehabil . 2013; 22(4): 264-71.
- Caraffa A, Cerulli G, Projetti M, Aisa G. Prevention of anterior cruciate ligament injuries in soccer, Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc . 1996; 4(1): 19-21.
- Cusi MF, Juska-Butel CJ, Garlick D, Argyrous G. Lumbopelvic stability and injury profile in rugby union players. New Zealand J Sports Med . 2001; 29(1): 14-9.
- Cosio-Lima L, Reynolds KL, Winter C, Paolone V. Effects of physioball and conventional floor exercises on early phase adaptations in back and abdominal core stability and balance in women. J Strength Cond Res . 2003; 17(4): 721-5.
- Puddle DL, Maulder PS. Ground reaction forces and loading rates associated with parkour and traditional drop landing techniques. J Sports Sci Med. 2013; 12(1): 122.
- Myer GD, Ford KR, Brent JL, Hewett TE. The effects of plyometric vs. dynamic stabilization and balance training on power, balance, and landing force in female athletes. J Strength Cond Res. 2006; 20(2): 345-53.
- Winter DA. The biomechanics and motor control of human movement. waterloo: John Wiley & Sons; 2009: 285-95.
- Lawrence M. The complete guide to core stability. London: A&C Black. 2013. 59-230.
- Saunders Nathan W, Hanson N, Koutakis P, Chaudhari AM, Devor ST. Landing ground reaction forces in figure skaters and non-skaters. J Sports Sci. 2014; 32(11): 1042-9.
- Araujo S, Cohen D, Hayes L. Six weeks of core stability training improves landing kinetics among female capoeira athletes: A pilot study. J Hum Kinet. 2015; 45(1): 27-37.
- Iida Y, Kanehisa H, Inaba Y, Nakazawa K. Short-term landing training attenuates landing impact and improves jump height in landing-to-jump movement. J Strength Cond Res. 2013; 27(6): 1560-7.
- Ekstrom RA, Donatelli RA, Carp KC. Electromyographic analysis of core trunk, hip, and thigh muscles during 9 rehabilitation exercises. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther, 2007; 37(12): 754-62.
- Schilling JF, Murphy JC, Bonney JR, Thich JL. Effect of core strength and endurance training on performance in college students: Randomized pilot study. J BodywMov Ther. 2013; 17(3): 278-90.
- Imai A, Kaneoka K, Okubo Y, Shiraki H. Effects of two types of trunk exercises on balance and athletic performance in youth soccer players. Int J Sports Phy Ther. 2014; 9(1): 47-57.
- Hewett TE, Myer GD, Ford KR, Heidt RS Jr, Colosimo AJ, McLean SG, et al. Biomechanical measures of neuromuscular control and valgus loading of the knee predict anterior cruciate ligament injury risk in female athletes: A prospective study. Am J Sports Med. 2005; 33(4): 492-501.
- Sato K, Mokha M. Does core strength training influence running kinetics, lower-extremity stability, and 5000-m performance in runners? J Strength Cond Res. 2009; 23(1): 133-40.