Document Type : Research Paper
Assistant Professor, Sports Biomechanics Department, Physical Education and Sports Sciences Faculty, Islamic Azad University of Central Tehran Branch, Tehran, Iran
PhD Candidtate, Sports Biomechanics Department, Physical Education and Sports Sciences Faculty, Islamic Azad University of Central Tehran Branch, Tehran, Iran
Master of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Physical Education and Sport Sciences Department, Payam-E-Noor University, Tehran, Iran
The aim of this study was to Analysis of Selected Kinetic-Temporal Variables of Lower Extremity of Elite junior volleyball players during Block Jump Skill. 30 junior volleyball players of National Team of the Islamic Republic of Iran stand on Force platform and performed block jump skill, peak vertical forces, Time of peaks, Time elapsed between peaks, time of contact, end of the landing, total landing time, Ratio between peaks and between the time of the peaks were calculated. There are significant positive correlations between Times of peaks, Time elapsed between peaks and peak vertical forces and negative correlations exist between other variables of the research. So in volleyball players great stress would be placed on lower extremity at the moment of landing. Because of increasing time of the second peak will decrease the impact force, although it is not appropriate for volleyball goals.
- Fattahi A, Sadeghi H, Ameli M. Relationship between injury types and prevalence with some anthropometric properties of male elite volleyball players of Iran. World Appl. Sci. J.. 2011;15(5):667-72 .(In Persian).
- Beneka A, Malliou P, Gioftsidou A, Tsigganos G, Zetou H, Godolias G. Injury incidence rate, severity and diagnosis in male volleyball players. Sport Sciences for Health. 2009;5(3):93-9.
- Salci Y, Kentel BB, Heycan C, Akin S, Korkusuz F. Comparison of landing maneuvers between male and female college volleyball players. Clin. Biomech. . 2004;19(6):622-8.
- David Zahradnik, Daniel Jandacka, Michal Holcapek, Roman Farana, Jaroslav Uchytil & Joseph Hamill. Blocking landing techniques in volleyball and the possible association with anterior cruciate ligament injury. J. Sports Sci. ,2018;36(8):955-61.
- Lian Ø, Engebretsen L, Øvrebø RV, Bahr R. Characteristics of the leg extensors in male volleyball players with jumper's knee. Am. J. Sports Med. . 1996;24(3):380-5.
- Bressel E, Cronin J. The landing phase of a jump strategies to minimize injuries. JOPERD. 2005;76(2):30-5.
- Yeow CH, Rubab SK, Lee PV, Goh JC. Inhibition of anterior tibial translation or axial tibial rotation prevents anterior cruciate ligament failure during impact compression. Am. J. Sports Med. 2009;37(4):813-21.
- Podraza JT, White SC. Effect of knee flexion angle on ground reaction forces, knee moments and muscle co-contraction during an impact-like deceleration landing: implications for the non-contact mechanism of ACL injury. The Knee. 2010;17(4):291-5.
- Fong DT-P, Hong Y, Chan L-K, Yung PS-H, Chan K-M. A systematic review on ankle injury and ankle sprain in sports. Sports Med. 2007;37(1):73-94.
- McNair PJ, Prapavessis H, Callender K. Decreasing landing forces: Effect of instruction. Br. J. Sports Med.. 2000;34(4):293-6.
- Hung-Yu Huang, Tso-Liang Teng, Cho-Chung Liang. Lower Extremity Injuries of Volleyball Players During Moving Spike Landing. Am. J. Sports Sci, 2016;4(1):10-17.
- Tillman MD, Hass CJ, Brunt D, Bennett GR. Jumping and landing techniques in elite women’s volleyball. J. Sports Sci. Med. 2004;3(1):30-6.
- Carcia CR, Kivlan BR, Scibek JS. Time to peak force is related to frontal plane landing kinematics in female athletes.Phys. Ther Sports. 2012;13(2):73-9.
- Ortega DR, Bíes ECR, de la Rosa FJB. Analysis of the vertical ground reaction forces and temporal factors in the landing phase of a countermovement jump. J. Sports Sci. Med.. 2010;9(2):282-287.
- Devita P, Skelly WA. Effect of landing stiffness on joint kinetics and energetics in the lower extremity. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1992;24(1):108-15.
- Onate J., Cortes N. Gender Effect of Fatigue on Lower Extremity Kinematics and Kinetics during Athletic Tasks. In: Noyes F., Barber-Westin S. (eds) ACL Injuries in the Female Athlete. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-32592-2_12
- Decker MJ, Torry MR, Wyland DJ, Sterett WI, Steadman JR. Gender differences in lower extremity kinematics, kinetics and energy absorption during landing. Clin. Biomech. 2003;18(7):662-9.
- Reiser II RF, Rocheford EC, Armstrong CJ. Building a better understanding of basic mechanical principles through analysis of the vertical jump. J. Strength Con. Res. 2006;28(4):70-80.
- Jacobs CA, Uhl TL, Mattacola CG, Shapiro R, Rayens WS. Hip abductor function and lower extremity landing kinematics: sex differences. J. Athl. Train. . 2007;42(1):76-83.
- McNitt-Gray JL. Kinetics of the lower extremities during drop landings from three heights. J. Biomech. 1993;26(9):1037-46.
- Yeow C, Lee PV, Goh JC. Regression relationships of landing height with ground reaction forces, knee flexion angles, angular velocities and joint powers during double-leg landing. The Knee. 2009;16(5):381-6.
- Hughes G, Watkins J, Owen N. Differences between the sexes in knee kinetics during landing from volleyball block jumps. Eur. J. Sports Sci. 2010;10(1):1-11.
- Zahradnik D, Jandacka D, Uchytil J, Farana R, Hamill J. Lower extremity mechanics during landing after a volleyball block as a risk factor for anterior cruciate ligament injury. Phys. Ther. Sports. 2015;16(1):53-8.
- 24. Yeow C, Lee P, Goh J. Non-linear flexion relationships of the knee with the hip and ankle, and their relative postures during landing. The Knee. 2011;18(5):323-8.
- Marquez WQ, Masumura M, Ae M. The effects of jumping distance on the landing mechanics after a volleyball spike. Sports Biomech. 2009;8(2):154-66.
- Yu B, Lin C-F, Garrett WE. Lower extremity biomechanics during the landing of a stop-jump task. Clin. Biomech. 2006;21(3):297-305.
- Jidovtseff B, Quievre J, Nigel H, Cronin J. Influence of jumping strategy on kinetic and kinematic variables. J. Sports Med. Phys. Fitnes. 2014;54:129-38.
- Abian J, Alegre L, Lara A, Rubio J, Aguado X. Landing differences between men and women in a maximal vertical jump aptitude test. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2008;48(3):305-10.
- Özgüven HN, Berme N. An experimental and analytical study of impact forces during human jumping. J. Biomech 1988;21(12):1061-6.
- Lees A. Methods of impact absorption when landing from a jump. Proc Inst Mech. Eng. H. 1981;10(4):207-11.